Ok so I am creating this page for healthy vegetarian meals that I make :) I’ll add some whenever I make something new.
#1. Low Calorie Sauteed Spinach and Tofu:
2 cups of spinach
1 large tomato
1 clove of garlic
Put the spinach in a pan, and cut the tomato in half. Squeeze the tomato, so the juice goes into the pan (I do this instead of using olive oil or butter because it saves calories). Add the clove of garlic (minced). And start to cook it at a medium temperature. Once the spinach looks sauteed. Dice the tomato and add it to the pan, and cube the tofu (use as much as you would like). Then cook it all for about 5 minutes, add salt and pepper as needed. And enjoy! :)
#2 Grape and Spinach Salad
1-2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup of grapes
Chop it all up and put it in a bowl and enjoy it! Quick, easy and delicious.
So I put pretty much any fruit on any salad. If you aren’t a big fan of salads, adding fruits and/or nuts can help :)
#3 My Guacamole
2 cloves of garlic
A bit of cilantro
1/4 red onion
Mash up the avocado in a bowl, and the garlic (minced), chopped cilantro, chopped onion and salt and pepper as needed. Squeeze the lemon slice into it and lastly add the chopped tomato.
If you want to add something new to this you can replace the tomato with mango or pineapple! :)
#4 Homemade Garlic Hummus
2 cups of chickpeas
1 tablespoon Salt
2 Garlic Cloves
1/3 Cup Tahini
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Water
Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go. Enjoy! :)
#5 Smoothie 1
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
6 fresh strawberries
1 fresh peeling kiwi
1/4 cup pineapple juice (preferably fresh)
Put it all into a blender and blend it up, then drink it!
Mixed veggie salad with hummus:
Ok I know it sounds crazy, but I thought of this today and it was delicious!
So i took 1/2 cucumber and chopped it into cubes and put it in a bowl. I took a 1/3 cup of blackberries and cut them in half and added them to the bowl, along with 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half. I cooked the corn on the cob in a pot on the stove for 3 minutes and then let it cool down. I cut the corn off of the cob and added that to the bowl. Then I took 2 tablespoons of organic garlic hummus and mixed it all up.
I wish I had an iphone so I could take pictures of my beautiful creations!
Butternut Squash Soup:
- Cut the Squash in half and put it in the oven until the top if golden brown, take out of oven and put aside to cool. (Tip: if you can easily poke around in it with a fork it is ready)
- In a large pot add 4 Tablespoons of butter, 1 onion chopped, 1 chopped apple, 2 cloves of garlic and sage to taste.
- Cook until it is a soft consistency. (If it becomes dry add a couple scoops of chicken or vegetable broth to keep it moist)
- Peal and chop the squash and then add it to the pot with the onion and apple. Cook it all together for 3-5 minutes.
- Put everything in a blender or food processor, add chicken or vegetable broth until it is the consistency you want it to be.
- Serve with a small spoonful of creme fraise, and sliced cucumber or apple.
MORE TO COME SOON…! :)